Members of the society are mostly academicians and students from local universities including from Singapore. The others are from research institutions and drug companies. The Medical Faculties from the three major universities that are the Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Health Campus in Kubang Kerian) and the USM School of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Penang take turns to hold office for two years.
Membership is open only to those who qualify under the MSPP Constitution and is subjected to approval by the Exco Members.
• Candidates with University Degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy or Physiology.
• Candidates with other degrees engaged in teaching and/or research work related to areas in Pharmacology/Physiology at university or research institute.
• Professionally qualified persons in the medical, dental or veterinary or pharmaceutical sciences who are actively involved in the fields of pharmacology and/or physiology.
• Students who are reading pharmacology and/or physiology or related subjects.
• Candidates who demonstrate an interest in pharmacology and/or physiology.